Jivtesh Singh has posted a nice troubleshooting guide for Management Reporter here, the first part of which I’ve reposted below. Most of the issues I’ve run into have been solved by doing both items 5 and 6. For further details and other steps to try, see the original post.
Management Reporter Troubleshooting
- Check out the Event Viewer (Application), and review the Management Reporter Events. This is pretty important, as Doug mentioned here
- Search in the forums from GPWindow, and from the Management Reporter Forum here (this is not yet indexed by GPWindow)http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/managementreporterBeta/
- Refresh the cached Financial Data - On the Tools menu, click Refresh Cached Financial Data.
- Confirm whether or not the Application Service is running correctly is to type in the following in IE:
- Stop and Start the Management Reporter application pool (From IIS). Check the Event Viewer for errors.
- Stop and Start the Management Reporter Process Service. Check the Event Viewer for errors. This is found under Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services | Management Reporter Process Service.
- Restart the Web Service in IIS