One of my users ran into this message this past week while using the Accounts page in the Financial Center of Business Portal 4.0. When selecting a certain account in the Account List web part, the Account Balance pane showed no results, with the message “Query error” at the bottom of the window. Click on the “Query error” and then Details gives the following message:
The error only occurs on one account, only appears in the Account Balance web part, however you have to refresh the entire page before the various web part will function again. Since it was only happening for the one account, I decided it had to be data-related, and began poking around in the various GL tables in this company’s database. Since the only web part that returned an error was the Account Balance web part, I started with the Account Current Summary Master table, GL10110, and quickly found what I was looking for when I looked at all records for the problem account. There was one record where the Year1 field was 0, and the PeriodID was also 0, and the amounts were zero, so the record was clearly invalid. I found a similar record for another account and tested that account in the portal and got the same error. I backed up the GL10100 table and removed the records in question, and the error went away.